RepFocus, 1st edition, 2019.
Cover image: Big-eyed Green Whip Snake (Ahaetulla mycterizans), Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, Singapore.
© 2010 Rune Midtgaard
* 11,115 is the number of species considered valid in this work as of December 31st, 2018, however, the number of recognized species may vary, depending on authority.
- All the world's 11,115 reptile species*, 1224 genera, and 85 families presented in 1318 checklists
(as of December 31st, 2018).
All checklists include Latin, English, German, and Danish names, nomenclatural history, remarks on taxonomy, distribution (natural and
introductions), and thumbnail maps linking to larger sized maps (see below).
- 109,979 literature references, presented in three formats:
(1) indexed alphabetically after author
(2) indexed taxonomically
(3) indexed regionally
- 1318 taxonomic bibliographies, including 94 families and higher taxonomical categories,
and 1224 genera (with all known reptile species).
- 4027 distribution maps, including all families and higher taxonomic categories, all 1224 genera (about 50% are only outline maps), and 2709 species
(24% of all known species).
- 1076 regional checklists and 766 regional bibliographies, including maps of all regions.
Each checklist includes a summary biodiversity statistic of the region and a link to a separate checklist of introduced species.
- 401,755 literature records constitute the documentation for the distributions.
- 2152 regional biodiversity statistics on families and genera, respectively, representing all of the 1076 regions included.
- Various biodiversity statistics, mainly relating to the families and other higher categories, most with diagrams.
Many of the statistics have never been compiled or published before.